Love to Share Foundation is dedicated to reaching out to the community to spread Universal Harmony and Peace through love and care. It is about humanity – what can I do for my fellow human-beings?
- Empower communities by supporting education, and providing food, & clothing for the needy.
- Providing health support to the underprivileged by conducting free health camps and facilitating blood and bone marrow drives.
- Environmental protection by City Clean-up and Tree Planting drives etc.
- Supporting communities during disaster/distress.
- Leadership & Inner Transformation workshops for personality development.
- Conduct Cross Cultural Heritage Camps, Classical Arts events, Indian Folk Puppet shows etc. to further our campaign of universality
1. Giving Programs – Education, Personal Needs, Environment, Disaster Support
- Love to Share Foundation America empowers communities by supporting education for youth, special needs children and immigrant adults. Educational supplies donations are facilitated for institutions such as The Monarch School, The Westview School, Adult Reading Center and Bhutanese refugees. An L2SF Coding Club has been developed for middle and high schoolers, to inspire them on STEM careers through
hands-on coaching by volunteer teachers with advanced degrees in computer engineering.
- Food, clothes, personal hygiene supplies and children’s items are donated to support local nonprofits that provide these basic necessities to the needy, such as the Pearland Neighborhood Center, The Well on Masters Road and SEARCH Homeless Services, as well as international organizations that do similar service in other countries like Variety Children Sierra Leone.
Environmental initiatives such as tree-planting drives and city clean-up drives are conducted as a community service. Especially for our young volunteers, these drives instill a sense of belonging to nature and an interest to preserve nature as is. LTSFA volunteers also serve through home clean-up drives in for foster-care homes for special needs people and the elderly run by organizations such as Forgotten Angels
LTSFA expresses its solidarity to those afflicted by natural disasters by engaging its volunteers to help rebuild the community with supplies and monetary donations. LTSFA has contributed toward relief efforts during Hurricane Harvey in the United States, and the Nepal Earthquake and disastrous Indian floods in Tamil Nadu and Kerala internationally.
2.Life and Soul Health Fairs
- LTSFA provides health support to the community through its flagship free annual health fair event called Life and Soul. This health fair has been conducted since 2011 in the Houston area, and from 2017 in the
Dallas area. The health fairs provide free tests and screenings, doctor consultations, vaccinations, helmets and health education to thousands of medically under-served community members. Over 1000 people have been vaccinated against Influenza, Pneumonia and Zoster and more than 500 children have received free bike helmets in a campaign to prevent brain injury.
- Blood and bone-marrow donation drives, Stroke and CPR classes are also held periodically to educate community members in the spirit of promoting health awareness.
3. Body, Mind and Soul Initiative
- The BMS initiative aims to bring focus on physical and emotional well-being through yoga, exercise and meditation programs. LTSFA conducts weekly ‘Reality Retreat' Meditation, Exercise Yoga and 'Walk with a Doc'
sessions that welcome everyone in the community. ‘Walk with a Doc’ is a Texas Medical Association(TMA) program that aims to bring awareness of the benefits of walking and a healthy lifestyle. LTSFA is partnered with TMA to conduct these sessions in the Pearland/Manvel area of Houston.
- Apart from these weekly sessions, periodic 'Body Mind and Soul' Retreats are also held in scenic locales to inspire peace and communion with nature.
- Happiness@Work, Youth Leadership,Compassionate Communication Love to Share Foundation America brings in world-class trainers and speakers to conduct inspiring workshops on Happiness, Inner Transformation, Leadership and Communication for working professionals as well as youth at schools, colleges, corporate organizations, hospitals and other such institutions, to enable more harmonious and happy living.
- LTSFA workshops have been conducted at MD Anderson Cancer Center, Google, Microsoft, Hewlett-Packard, University of Houston, Best Buy, GE, DELL etc.
5.Promotion of Cultural Arts – Performing Arts programming, Heritage Camps,Arts Education
- LTSFA promotes cross-cultural harmony through music, dance, theater and folk puppetry.
- Performances of Indian classical arts and cross-cultural collaborations are presented frequently in many US cities. “Ode to Harmony” and “Shaking Hands Across Continents” performances have brought together a
wide variety of genres and performers of music and dance, covering numerous cultures and art forms from the Far East to the West.
- Music and dance performances are presented specially for the elderly at Senior Centers and Hospice-care Homes.
- Heritage camps featuring cultural immersion activities are conducted annually to provide a rich Indian cultural experience and learning for students of all backgrounds.
- Ethnic arts clubs and classes for Indian performing as well as visual arts are held regularly.
- The Dancing Peacock Puppet Company, an initiative of LTSFA, takes the happy magic of Indian folk puppetry to communities of children across the country through performances at festivals, fairs and birthday parties.